Saturday, February 21, 2015

The thing about being sick all the time is that I don’t feel like I’m ever allowed to be normal sick. If I can do my chores and my homework and live my life when I’m having seizures, why can’t I do it with a cold or the flu? And I know other people think this way because I’ve had teachers get mad when I miss class for the flu (yet say nothing when someone walks into class halfway through because she lost track of time). I’ve had people wonder why I can’t keep everything clean and finish all of my chores. But right now I feel like I’m drowning.
I’ve been sick the past couple of days. Just migraines worsened by allergies and constant, constant exhaustion; but I feel so mad at myself when I don’t finish my chores, when I can’t get the tasks I’d set out for myself done. I know it’s unreasonable. I know I should be more accepting of my situation, but if I don’t do what needs to get done, who will? There’s no one else who will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment